I’m not entirely sure what I’ve done to deserve this…but for the second time this month my little blog has been given an award! A “Wonderful Team Member Readership Award” – phew, that’s a mouthful isn’t it? This nomination has come from my Sci-fi guru Paul Bowler across at Sci-Fi Jubilee – now Paul has known me for well over a year, he has seen me go through good and bad, he’s been there with advice and tea (so much tea), he’s put up with my whitterings about Loki with great humour…he is also one of the reasons I started blogging after he talked me into doing a bit of writing
So thank you Paul (not just for the nomination)! ….and thank you to all you readers – you are funny, supportive, full of advice and great to have around! There’ll always be tea in the pot for all of you.
Now (as with the Reader Appreciation Award) there are a few rules I need to follow so here goes!
1. The Nominee of the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award will display the logo on his/her post/page and/or sidebar. TICK!
2. Over a period of 7 days (1 week), the Nominee shall nominate a number of readers that he or she appreciates – this can be done at any rate during the week. It can be all on one day or a few on one day and a few on another day, as most convenient to the Nominee.
3. The Nominee shall name his or her Wonderful Team Member Readership Award nominees on a post or on posts during the 7 day (1 week) period. (I like this one…so it means all you lovely nominee’s will get individual shout-outs!).
Blogs I nominate for this award! (And you’ll all find out why over the next week…I’m going 7 blogs for 7 days!).
Questions posed to me (Eeeeep) and my nominees:
1) Why do you blog?
Well…this one I’ve kinda already answered in the last award thing so I’ll stick with that answer (as it is the truth) –
“Initially it was to document the weird and wonderful world of being a London commuter…but that didn’t last right long and my reason changed to needing somewhere to express emotions following a bit of a life overhaul”.
2) If you were trapped on a desert island, what book, DVD, food, cartoon character, and childhood game would you bring?
Oooooo…..erm…..the book would be “The Late Hector Kipling” by David Thewlis (as I am thoroughly addicted to that one, and I really wish Thewlis would write more novels! He is incredibly talented as a writer as well as an actor), food would be “Wine Gums” because I think ice-cream would melt too quick and that is my reserve “well now I feel like crap” food, DVD would have to be “Avengers Assemble” (for reasons obvious to my readers), cartoon character would be “Gambit” from “The X-Men animated series” (because I always thought he rocked!), and childhood game would be “Hungry Hungry Hippos” (those hippos are always hungry!).
3) Share a funny joke or one-liner.
“Let me know if real power wants a magazine or something” ….ah Fury, you made me giggle! (FYI this is still the sexiest Loki scene as far as I’m concerned).
4) What is your favourite thing about yourself?
My mischievous side.
5) What one word best describes you?
Daydreamer (Paul and I have this in common!).
6) If you could have a lifetime supply of any candy/candy bar, what would it be?
Mars bars (I think Paul is my Kindred spirit here!).
7) What fictional character do you relate to most?
Now then…..I’m going to go with Loki – because I know what it’s like to feel like the outsider, to grow up in the shadow of a sibling, to want to be a part of the family but being unsure how that would ever be feasible.
8) If you were to write the story of your life, what would you call it?
“Give me music, I will dance!”
Well folks that’s it! Over to you nominees!
Oh, and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!! May today be filled with sweeties, horror movies, pumpkin pies and nightmares! *Sigh* I love Halloween.
PS – This is my final post for the BlogHer NaBloPoMo October challenge! I managed to update everyday this month and I feel absolutely amazing for doing so!
So goodbye “Mask Month”…..
….and hello “Type your heart out” November! That’s right folks, I’m signed up for November’s challenge (this happened when I was puddled from a hangover…does this mean the contract still stands? Meh, ah well).
So…here’s to another month of drunken antics, of love for Tom Hiddleston, of adoration of Tobias Menzies, of admiration of Richard Herring (oh, and yes, the rumours are true – my comedian crush is from Yorkshire! Eep!), of friendships from everywhere (I love you guys and gals!)…and of one more challenge from BlogHer!
The song of the day:
Ben. E. King – Stand by me (well….rather apt I’d say if you’re willing to pull up a bean bag, grab a cup of tea and see me through the next month of daily posts, LET’S DO THIS!).